“Coming out of the shadows” week is an event organised by the National Immigration Youth Alliance (NIYA) and is taking place in several cities across the United States, including Detroit, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago and New York. The NIYA blog contains a collection of video, audio and written stories from young people who are undocumented, unafraid and unapologetic. Must read/watch/listen!
Keywordsage disputing amnesty asylum big society Birmingham campaign child detention child migration children children's rights Chinese citizenship deportation destitution detention dissemination Doctors of the World DREAMers education England EU Europe European Parliament family family migration fieldwork first impressions funding healthcare human rights Human Rights Act immigration immigration control immigration enforcement immigration policies immigration policy immigration regime irregular immigration irregular migrants irregular migration Jamaica Kurdish London maternity Medical Justice migrant children migrant voices migration MRN new migrants no border Obama photo exhibition political participation racism Refugee Council refugees school system super-diversity support organisations Sweden Thomas Hammarberg Uk UK-born children to irregular parents UKBA unaccompanied minors UNCRC undocumented children undocumented migrants undocumented migration US USA welfare youth
- RT @AlbertoNardelli: 'Freedom of movement must end... but not for Brits' - extraordinary, yet unsurprising, really politico.eu/newsletter/bre…… 2 hours ago
- RT @BGauthierCEEA: @nandosigona Touching the Queen must be a Canadian thing: Louis Garneau commit the same sin in 2002 https://t.co/bNpkqZX… 6 hours ago
- RT @YoungKukNoh: This report by @UKandEU is absolutely fascinating, easy to read and very informative. twitter.com/IanDunt/status… 14 hours ago
- @joshaw @routledgebooks yes, the same here. 15 hours ago
- RT @nandosigona: Hot off the press - ebook -30% discount routledge.com/Within-and-Bey… https://t.co/Vg0lXEi0lA 15 hours ago