The collection of interviews is almost completed. A few more are scattered in the next week or so, but from today the main task becomes ‘analysis’. We have got roughly two subsets of interviews; for each of them we will develop a coding frame, that is a list of keywords and concepts which will guide our reading and understanding of the interviews. The process by which a coding frame comes to life includes both deductive and inductive stages. For the moment, we have developed a draft frame (1st generation) for the analysis of the interviews with child migrants and their families. This will be piloted on a number of transcripts. As a result, 2nd generation coding frame will be finalised. This will be our final one, although minor amendments and additions are possible throughout the analysis and may have retroactive effects.
Keywordsage disputing amnesty asylum big society Birmingham campaign child detention child migration children children's rights Chinese citizenship deportation destitution detention dissemination Doctors of the World DREAMers education England EU Europe European Parliament family family migration fieldwork first impressions funding healthcare human rights Human Rights Act immigration immigration control immigration enforcement immigration policies immigration policy immigration regime irregular immigration irregular migrants irregular migration Jamaica Kurdish London maternity Medical Justice migrant children migrant voices migration MRN new migrants no border Obama photo exhibition political participation racism Refugee Council refugees school system super-diversity support organisations Sweden Thomas Hammarberg Uk UK-born children to irregular parents UKBA unaccompanied minors UNCRC undocumented children undocumented migrants undocumented migration US USA welfare youth
- RT @MigrantVoiceUK: 'wealthy buying citizenships confirm sorry truth: #migration door, closed to the poor, open to those with fortunes' htt… 18 hours ago
- RT @FerdiGiugliano: The Five Star Movement has doubts about vaccination, but their perspective leader has just attended a "miracle" in Napl… 18 hours ago
- RT @Routledge_Socio: See our Q&A with @RGGonzales1 & @nandosigona editors on new book – a must read in critical #migrationstudies https://t… 22 hours ago
- RT @UKandEU: Join @anandMenon1 @YvetteCooperMP @georgeeaton at the @UKLabour conference 'What should Labour demand from Brexit?'https://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @JFCrisp: All you wanted to know about the EU's training of the Libyan coastguard. No mention of refugee protection of course. https://t… 1 day ago